Samstag, 11. Februar 2012

Über Vorbilder ...


Seitdem ich vor vielen Jahren einige Bücher von ihr las, fasziniert mich ihr Schreibstil und ihre Fähigkeit, Bilder mit Worten zu malen: Jeanette Winterson.

"Who taught you to write in blood on my back? Who taught you to use your hands as branding irons? You have scored your name into my shoulders, referenced me with your mark. The pads of your fingers have become printing blocks, you tap a message on to my skin, tap meaning into my body. Your Morse code interferes with my heart beat. I had a steady heart before I met you, I relied upon it, it had seen active service and grown strong. Now you alter its pace with your own rhythm, you play upon me, drumming me taut.

Written on the body is a secret code only visible in certain lights; the accumulations of a lifetime gather there. In places the palimpsest is so heavily worked that the letters feel like Braille. I like to keep my body rolled up away from prying eyes. Never unfold too much, tell the whole story. I didn't know that Louise would have reading hands. She has translated me into her own book."

Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body.

Und noch ein sehr schönes Zitat:

"Every journey conceals another journey within its lines: the path not taken and the forgotten angle. These are journeys I wish to record. Not the ones I made, but the ones I might have made, or perhaps did make in some other place or time. I could tell you the truth as you will find it in diaries and maps and log-books. I could faithfully describe all that I saw and heard and give you a travel book. You could follow it then, tracing those travels with your finger, putting red flags where I went."

Jeanette Winterson, Sexing the Cherry.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen